Thursday, June 16, 2011

God Will Make A Way




Luke 1:37  For with God, nothing shall be impossible.

Matthew 21:22  And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing ye shall receive.

Mark 9:23  And Jesus said unto him, if thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

Mark 10:27  And Jesus, looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: For with God all things are possible.



These verses and song mean a lot to me. I have a dream that I haven't figured out how it's going to come true. But I cling to what God has said in His living Word. He promises to hear, he promises to answer, he promised to make a way.
  I've been involved in foster care for the last 9+ years. Children have come and gone and children have come and stayed. In each case I felt like I learned valuable lessons. In some cases a piece of my heart went with the child when they left. In some cases I was blessed to see the family get on their feet and be reunited. In other cases it was sad to see a child returned, knowing they were going back to very shaky grounds and the family would likely not be able to hold things together.
Through it all I've been tremendously blessed with 4 absolutely wonderful adopted children and one who I am soon to be starting the adoption for. But I feel like my house is running out of room before my heart is ready. I dream of having a bigger house with a much bigger property. Property large enough to handle the dreams of my children. Dreams they have of a farm and horses. Dreams of a place that would be therapy for other hurting children. Yes, these are my dreams but they are also the dreams of my older children.
 I'm not ready to run out of room. I have so much more I would like to do.
 The only hope I have of these dreams coming true is to cling to the promises of these verses, knowing my Father in heaven sees my heart and my dreams. And He can make a way, for with God nothing is impossible.

No comments: