Friday, June 17, 2011

Thank You Lord!




Matthew 15: 33-38
 And His disciples said unto Him, Whence should we have so much bread in the wilderness, as to fill so great a multitude?
And Jesus said unto them, How many loaves have ye? And they said, Seven, and a few little fishes.
And He commanded the multitude to sit down on the ground.
And He took the seven loaves and the fishes, and gave thanks, and brake them, and gave to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.
And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the brokem meat that was left seven baskets full.
And they that did eat were four thousand men, besides women and children.

I find it interesting here that Jesus took the little they had and rather than praying for God to increase it He gave thanks.
I would have taken the food and told God all about my problem and exactly what I needed Him to do then waited for it to happen. After it happens then I would feel surprised and start thanking God for what I just saw! 
This isn't the only time Jesus gave thanks before he saw any evidence of anything happening. In the story of Lazarus ( Luke 11), Jesus said, "Father I thank Thee that Thou hast heard me. And I knew that Thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that Thou hast sent me.
And when He thus had spoken, He cried with a loud voice, Lazarus come forth.
And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with grave clothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.
Again, Jesus thanked God and then proceeded to tell Lazarus (who by this time has been dead four days) to come out of the cave.
If I trust that God is going to meet my needs I think I could do a much better job of thanking Him even before I see any evidence. That is a sign that I actually believe He is and will taking care of me.


No comments: